ArtStation Learning – Unlimited Learning for Artists
Today we are extremely proud to be announcing the release of ArtStation Learning, our brand new video streaming service for artists. In this post, I’ll also be talking about where ArtStation is headed and our vision in being the artist advancement platform.
Watch the launch video:
“It’s like Netflix for art!”
ArtStation Learning is our new streaming video service for artists. It features unlimited access to an ever growing content library. Artists can expand their skills in a wide range of art topics and learn at their own pace. We are releasing today with 15 courses and have many more in production. Every week, we’ll be releasing new content to ArtStation Learning. Our goal is to become the largest and most valuable training resource for all artists and designers.
The best part is the price. ArtStation Learning comes with all premium subscriptions on ArtStation starting from $6.99/mo when paid annually. If you’re already an existing Pro member, you automatically have access to ArtStation Learning!
Launch Instructors and Courses
I want to do a big shout out and thanks to the instructors who have already produced courses or have courses in the works for ArtStation Learning. We have 15 courses at launch from these instructors.
- Craig Elliott – Illustrating with Reference, Style Design for Art and Entertainment, Intro to Female Anatomy
- Justin Gerard – Making Monsters: Digital Painting, Making Monsters: Pencil Drawing
- Ryan Dening – Vehicle Design (3 courses!)
- Javier Perez – Introduction to Substance
- Becca Hallstedt – From School to Studio (important for all current students and new grads!)
- Colie Wertz – Vehicle Design – Sketch to Model
- Stéphane Wootha Richard – Intro to ZBrush for Environment Concept Art (course 1 of 5!)
- Robert Laszlo Kiss – Getting some Perspective, Intro to Sketchbook Pro
- Randall Mackey – Art V. Design
Every week, we’ll be releasing new courses. In the pipeline currently are:
- Yekaterina Bourykina – Hand Painting Textures – Prop & Character (multiple courses!)
- Randy Vargas – Fantasy Card Illustration (3 courses!)
- Alex Castaneda – Introduction to Oil Painting (course 1 of an ongoing series!)
- Andrew Bosley – The Art of Tabletop Games (2 courses!)
- Grady Frederick – Environment Design and Illustration (3 courses!)
- Rembert Montald – Storyboard Process (3 courses!)
And more in the works! (yes, more 3D courses too!)
ArtStation – the Artist Advancement Platform
I’m personally excited about ArtStation Learning. ArtStation has always been about empowering artists. Most people know of ArtStation as portfolio platform and a place to post your artwork to be seen by industry peers. With ArtStation Learning, a key piece of our vision of being the “artist advancement platform” is finally unveiled. ArtStation now covers the full stack to help all artists from juniors feeling intimidated about art as a profession all the way to industry professionals.
ArtStation Learning is a great addition to the suite of services and tools that ArtStation already offers the community:
- Portfolios & Website Builder. We’re well known as a great platform to host your portfolios. This was the core problem we were solving when ArtStation launched 5 years ago.
- Marketplace & Prints. Last year we launched the Marketplace and recently Prints, where artists can monetize their work directly from ArtStation. It’s seamlessly integrated into portfolios. We’ve now paid over $600,000 to artists, and we’re just getting started!
- Jobs & Recruiting. ArtStation is one of the largest art & design recruitment platforms with studios worldwide sourcing artists from the community.
- Challenges. We’ve been running Challenges for years now, including the ILM Art Department Challenge (the official Star Wars Challenge). These are fantastic community contests hosted by professional artists who give feedback and are a great way to level up your skills, build community and get hired.
- ArtStation Learning is the new piece in this stack. It enables training at every level so artists can move onwards and upwards in their careers.
There is still a lot of work to do! We are hard at work making huge improvements to the core interaction on ArtStation in browsing and discovering artwork. We can’t wait to show you what we’re working on!
Upcoming Changes to ArtStation Subscriptions
We are also announcing some changes to our subscriptions.
On 1st October 2019, we’ll be increasing the price of Pro to $9.95/mo (when paid annually) or $14.95 when paid monthly. If you’re already a Pro member, you’re locked in at your price. The new pricing will only impact new members starting on 1st October. So if you’ve been on the fence about getting ArtStation Pro, now is the best time to upgrade as it’ll be locked in at this great price!
We’re also adding a new tier called Plus, which will be $6.99/mo when paid annually or $10 when paid monthly. ArtStation Plus is a new subscription tier that will be targeted to artists of all levels. It gives access to ArtStation Learning, the ArtStation website builder, blogging, larger Marmoset 3D uploads, partner perks and more. ArtStation Plus will be released on October 1st, 2019. Having the Plus tier solves the problem of “but I’m not Pro!” for many artists, leaving Pro for the artists who want the additional benefits of earning more on the marketplace and being more visible for jobs.
Pro is targeted to the professionals who want the most out of ArtStation. It has everything in ArtStation Plus, and features like appearing at the top of searches, earning between 80% – 95% when selling on the marketplace, earning more on Prints, and Pro analytics. If you are serious about selling on the marketplace or if you’re getting jobs via ArtStation, Pro is a good choice.
Upgrade to Pro – lock in your price, and start watching ArtStation Learning now
Podcast with Game Dev Discussion about ArtStation Learning
Also check out the podcast that Randall Mackey and I did with Alex Beddows from GDD about ArtStation Learning and all the recent changes. Lots of info in there! Shout out to the folks from the DiNusty Empire!
- ArtStation Learning – it’s live. We’ll be adding content every week from here on! Check it out.
- The big picture about ArtStation is becoming clearer. We’re an artist advancement platform.
- New ArtStation Plus subscription and price increase for Pro coming in October. Now is a good time to upgrade to Pro because it is at the cheapest it will ever be.
I’m excited about this release. I’m excited for you. There are so many opportunities to improve and level up in your art, and be successful as an artist. ArtStation is here to help you do that.
Thank you so much for joining us in this journey. If you have any questions or comments about ArtStation Learning or anything, feel free to drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Onwards and upwards!
CEO, Co-Founder, ArtStation
- Share this article